Man hurt by exploding fireworks
Wed, 07/09/2014 - 2:33pm admin
Sherburne County Sheriff's Department
July 7 at approximately 7:05 pm, deputies were called to 14338 289th Ave NW, Zimmerman, MN for medical assistance.
Deputies responded to a medical assistance call in which, Jeffery Vane, 33, Zimmerman, had sustained severe injuries to his left hand and minor injuries to his face and right hand as the result of an aerial firework going off in his hand.
A witness at the residence, stated that the firework had a short fuse and that Vane was attempting to light the fuse and then throw the firework. The firework exploded in Vane’s hand. The firework was previously purchased by Vane in North Dakota.
Vane was air lifted by North Air Care to North Memorial Hospital.
The sheriff’s 0ffice was assisted by North East Sherburne Fire and Rescue.